Tired of the usual haunts? Or did you come to Boston to visit your best friend and ended up meeting your soulmate? Regardless, make like a native at one of these ten great date spots.
1. North End. Signs in the North End point to Genoa, Roma, and Napoli, but the fastest way there is through the doors of one of the many Old World bakeries, eateries, and caffès that line the streets of this romantic Italian-American enclave. A date here isn’t over until you also fork over the money for cannoli and espresso at a corner pasticceria.
2. Fenway Park. Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon just may have been onto something. Tourists may think Boston revolves around the Freedom Trail, but Bostonians know the city’s heart lies just inside the gates of storied Fenway, America’s oldest and smallest ballpark. Plus, nothing says “make out with me” like sausages and Miller Lite.
3. Arnold Arboretum. One of Boston’s largest parks, the arboretum’s rolling expanses are the perfect escape from the cramped confines of the city.
4. Public Garden and Swan Boats. A lush, beautifully manicured park smack-dab in the middle of the city, the Public Garden offers year-round flowers, Boston’s most beloved statues (Make Way for Ducklings), and quiet sunset trips aboard the famed Swan Boats.
5. New England Aquarium. Dates of all kinds will delight in the aquarium’s array of Technicolor denizens of the deep—not to mention its loveable penguins and IMAX theater.
6. Institute of Contemporary Art. Your date is bound to be impressed by your quiet, brooding sensitivity to the liminal state of our postmodern existence. If that fails, the harbor view is beautiful, and Wolfgang Puck’s Water Café serves pizza, panini, and Peet’s coffee.
7. Top of the Hub. The food may be good, but the view’s even better. The Top of the Hub is well worth the splurge for a romantic Valentine’s Day or a truly special anniversary.
8. Boston Symphony Orchestra. Don a floor-length mink and take a seat in one of Boston’s oldest institutions—beside some of its oldest residents.
9. Georges Island. Can’t quite eke out a trip to Bermuda on that paycheck? A stroll through the haunted caves of historic Fort Warren followed by a picnic on the beach may be the next best thing.
10. Museum of Science. Laser Pink Floyd. Need we say more?
Share this Post