No, really. Here are five (weirdly awesome) places where you can see dead people. Best read aloud in your spookiest vampire voice.
1. STEPHANSDOM AND GRABEN (VIENNA, AUSTRIA):
A great view upstairs, a catacomb of plague skeletons downstairs.
2. BASILICA DI SANTA CROCE (FLORENCE, ITALY):
Italy’s best and brightest—Dante, Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, and Rossini—rest here.
3. PANTEÃ NACIONAL (LISBON, PORTUGAL):
See the tombs of Salazar’s opponents at the National Pantheon, which took over 250 years to finally be completed.
4. WESTERKERK CHURCH (AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS):
Try to find Rembrandt’s burying place—even if the sanctuary’s keepers don’t know where he’s hiding.
5. SAINT PETER’S BASILICA (ROME, ITALY):
Don’t be too creeped out by the mummified popes on display in Vatican City.
Share this Post