Heading to Nashville with your other half and looking to plan the perfect itinerary? You’re in luck. This city has something for everyone — great food, an energetic nightlife scene, and plenty of daytime activities for all tastes. If you’re planning a trip to Music City with your significant other, check out our top picks for fun things to do in Nashville, TN for couples.
1. Indulge in the foodie scene
Our list of things to do in downtown Nashville wouldn’t be complete without a mention of the city’s array of culinary delights. From the famous Nashville hot chicken to classy wine tastings and brewery crawls, Nashville’s food scene ranks up there with some of the best. If you and your partner love to eat (who doesn’t?), you’ll definitely want to add these foodie activities to your to-do list.
- Sample some Southern favorites as you explore Nashville’s most popular attractiosn on a downtown Nashville walking food tour
- Enjoy Nashville’s southern charm at the 200 year old Belle Meade Plantation with a wine and food tasting
- Head to Lynchburg for a tour of the Jack Daniel’s Distillery, transportation from Nashville included
- Learn the history, see the sites, and grab some bites on walking food tour of Music City
2. Explore Nashville’s museums and historic landmarks
Do you both share a love of all things historic? Whether you’re here for the storied music scene or just want to learn more about the city’s past, there are more than enough things to see in Nashville to keep both you and your spouse busy during your stay.
- Get an up-close look at the rare craft of letterpress printing on a guided tour of Hatch Show Print, one of the oldest working letterpress print shops in the country
- Indulge your love of country music as you explore the 2.5+ million artifacts on a gui Country Music Hall of Fame
- Learn more about some of Nashville’s most prominent families on a half-day mansions and gardens tour to Belle Meade Plantation and Cheekwood Estate
- Explore Nashville’s top galleries and venues along Fifth Avenue of the Arts and the Historic Arcade for free on the First Saturday Art Crawl
3. Experience the Grand Ole Opry and Ryman Auditorium
By far one of the most fun things to do in Nashville for couples: a show at the Grand Ole Opry. There’s a reason this country music venue is a top attraction and has been producing weekly concerts for nearly 100 years. The venue plays host to a variety of performances each week and is where many well-known country musicians got their start.
For a behind-the-scenes look at another famous venue, the Ryman Auditorium offers a self-guided tour. Immerse yourself in the state-of-the-art experience at this world-renowned icon known by many as “The Mother Church of Country Music.”
Snag tickets to the Grand Ole Opry or get your backstage tour and entrance for Opryland Resort Delta River Flatboat Ride, or just do both! And since you’re in Music City, make sure to check out the other concerts happening in and around Nashville during your stay.
4. Enjoy the nightlife on Honky Tonk Highway
Looking for things to do in Nashville at night? You’re in luck. It’s no surprise that Music City’s main thoroughfare is lined with bars and venues boasting live music and honky-tonk country vibes. Whether you want to jam out at a famous hot spot like Bluebird Café or grab a cheap beer and some tasty grub at a lesser-known (but equally worthy) hidden gem, this guide to the best nightlife in Nashville from Time Out offers something for everyone. Make things easy and head on a bar crawl of some of downtown Nashville’s best known spots.
5. Take a stroll through Nashville’s parks and see the Parthenon
If you ask us, one the most romantic things to do in Nashville involves a hand-in-hand walk among some of the city’s most scenic green spaces. For something a little more active, you’ll also find an array of outdoor activities involving hiking, biking, kayaking, and canoeing. No matter your interest, Nashville’s parks are a great way to see the city while getting a little fresh air.
- Check out the Parthenon Nashville, a full-scale replica of the original Greek structure
- While you’re there, stroll through Centennial Park (home to the Parthenon) and its 132 acres that include walking trails, Lake Watauga, sand volleyball courts, a sunken garden, and more
- Head to Cumberland Park, which sits along the riverfront and offers couple-friendly features such as a crushed-stone trail designed to attract butterflies, a stepping-stone path with a cooling mist feature, and an outdoor amphitheater
- If you’re a foodie, head on the Taste of Nashville Sightseeing Tour, where guests can sample some of Nashville’s most iconic dishes while seeing the Parthenon, Centennial Park, and more points of interest along the way
You’ll find so many fun things to do in Nashville for couples, and a stay in Music City with your significant other is guaranteed to be a good time. PlacePass can help you plan your itinerary with unique and exciting excursions for all interests. Looking for more things to do in Nashville? PlacePass has unique excursions and experience for all ages, so your whole family can enjoy all that Music City has to offer. Looking for more Nashville travel advice? Check out our tips for things to do in Nashville with kids and things to do in Nashville at night.